Sep 9, 2023
Starting Sep 12, the class will take place in a different room, Y-2-2120, which is in the University Hall building. The class time will stay the same, Tue Thu 4:00 PM - 5:15 PM.
Sep 6, 2023
Project 1 is available and is due at 11:59 PM on Sep 24 (Sun).
Sep 5, 2023
Welcome to the Compilers (CS451/651) course I will be teaching this semester!
Please make sure that you meet the prerequisites for the course: CS310 and CS420 or CS622; or permission of the instructor.
Please read through the course website very carefully and acquaint yourself with the course mechanics.
- Please take care of the following action items:
- Sign up for iClicker (attendance platform) using your UMB email address and add the course CS451/651 to your dashboard.
- Follow up on the invitations that will be sent to your UMB email address to sign up for:
- Piazza (Q&A platform) and
- Gradescope (grading platform).
- Setup the programming environment on your computer.
- Fill out the questionnaire available on Gradescope.
- Sign up for a CS account.
CS451/651 is a very demanding course, so please be prepared to work really hard from the outset, or else you will quickly fall behind and end up with a poor/failing grade.
- If you are currently waitlisted, you will be enrolled automatically if enough students drop out before the add/drop deadline. The enrollment capacity is set at 30 for CS451 and 20 for CS651. If one course is over-enrolled (ie, there are students on the waitlist) while the other has free seats, I will enroll as many waitlisted students from the former into the latter, in the order of their waitlist number. Please note that I will not go over the total enrollment capacity of 50.
I look forward to having you in my class.